TMNT still popular amongst both Children and Adults
They were born in the shadow, they live in the shadow and they fight in the shadow. These are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sprang into popular culture as a comic book in 1984 and since then the gang has enthralled both children and adults alike, spurring a range of toy products as well as numerous TV series and feature-length movies.
The Main characters are Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael and Donatello, all named after famous Italian Renaissance artists. There is also Splinter, their adoptive father and teacher. Each of the main characters have their very own personality, style of fighting and accessories:
- Leonardo is the tactical, courageous leader of the Ninja Turtles and a devoted student of Ninjutsu, he usually wears a blue mask and wields two katanas.
- Michelangelo is the most comical of the Ninja Turtles, usually wearing an orange mask and wielding a pair of nunchucks.
- Donatello is the scientist, inventor, engineer and technological genius of the Ninja Turtles. He dons a purple mask and wields a bo-staff.
- Raphael is the bad boy of the Ninja Turtles, wearing a red mask and wielding a pair of sais.
- Splinteris the mutant rat sensei and adoptive father of the Ninja Turtles, trained in Ninjutsu by his owner and master, Hamato Yoshi, in Japan.
Chiquita Patrizi, spokesperson for Prima Toys explains that the TMNT have always been a great hit, year after year. “The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have been around for over three decades, which is a very long time. So now we not only have children, especially boys, as the half-shell heroes’ dedicated fans but also their dads who grew up with them. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are generational heroes,” she explains.
Following the recent TMNT movie, a wide range of toys, figurines, accessories and toy vehicles are now available at all good toy stores and retailers nationwide. Ideal for ages four plus.
For more information go to www.primatoys.co.za