Make 1 – 10 July the best days of 2016!
The Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival is right around the corner, and with a jam-packed line-up of events across 10 days, it’s the place you want to be this winter break.
We’ve provided some tips to ensure you get maximum enjoyment out of your time with us:
- Get your copy of the official 2016 Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival Magazine now and start planning for the best holiday ever! To download your copy, visit http://www.oysterfestival.co.za/festival-magazine/
- 6Wicks has compiled a number of special travel packages, so whether you’re on your own, with friends or with a big family, they’ll have a travel package that suits your needs. For more info and bookings, visit http://6wicks.co.za/product-category/events/knysna-oyster-festival-2016/
- Be sure to visit the official Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival Merchandise Store, brought to you by Influence clothing and situated at the Festival Pavilion in Waterfront Drive. With a wide range of winter warmers, including jackets, beanie’s and even socks, you’ll be able to take a piece of the Festival home with you. For a sneak peak at the range, visit http://www.oysterfestival.co.za/galleries/influence-clothing-2016-range/ www.influenceclothing.co.za
- This year we’ve made giving back easier than ever, with the Pick n Pay Fundracer charity portal, which essentially makes lending your support completely effortless! All you have to do is register as a FundRacer and share your profile via email or social media with your friends and supporters. All donations go via a direct payment gateway which ensures that 100% of donations go to the account of the nominated charity. For more info, visit: http://www.pnpoysterfestivalfundracers.co.za/
- Don’t miss out on the all-new Seafood Wednesday, set to take place 6 July. The event kicks off with a seafood walk-around at participating restaurants during the day, followed by the SASSI Fish Braai competition and Oyster Shucking and Eating competition in the evening.
The Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival Flavours of Knysna served with TABASCO® Sauce will also form part of Seafood Wednesday. Here visitors can see some of the best restaurants in Knysna and surrounds compete for a number of sought-after titles.
- Look out for Oyster Hotspots in and around Knysna where restaurants will serve oyster specials and get your fill of what this little town famous!
- For sport fanatics, the Momentum Health OatWell DualX, powered by PeptoPro will be at the Festival for the first time this year and offers the best of both – trail running and mountain biking!
- Your little ones can become a part of the ever-growing BIG5 Sport Challenge Family with the launch of the all new BIG5 Junior! Athletes aged between 12 and 19 years can enjoy mountain biking, running, climbing and taking part in an off-road duathlon. There are only 40 places available so get in soon, or your future champ may miss out!
Visit https://big5sportchallenge.com/big5-junior/ for more information.
- Look out for The Momentum Health Kids Zone, a fully supervised, secure and fun area for children aged two to 12 with great, age-appropriate, activities, such as jumping castles, sand art, colouring and drawing.
- A free shuttle service will operate daily between 9.30am and 4.30pm during the Festival from pick-up points at Pick n Pay, Waterfront Drive and Thesen Islands to the Festival Grounds. Visit http://www.oysterfestival.co.za/shuttles-maps/ for a detailed map and for more information regarding routes.
And while you’re in town, make sure you visit the exiting newly re-launched Pick n Pay at Woodmill Lane Centre. We look forward to welcoming you to our latest Next Generation store.
For the full programme and details about events, registration and ticket costs visit http://www.pnpoysterfestival.co.za/ or follow the Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival on Twitter @OysterFestival or on Facebook/KnysnaOysterFestival for daily updates.