The NWU Mafikeng Campus held its annual Excellence Awards which acknowledged all academic and extended staff members for their steadfast hard work and positive contribution towards the Campus. The awards ceremony took place on 22 November at the Mmabatho Palms Hotel.
The core aim of the awards was to celebrate those who have excelled in teaching, learning, and research and community engagement and served as a platform which offers extended appreciation to its staff members for their unwavering hard work throughout the academic year 2015/2016.
The Campus Rector, Prof Mashudu Davhana Maselesele applauded all staff members for their contributions. “As a Campus we have continued to be a consistent contributor to research output at the North-West University and has grown immensely with the number of PHD’s and Post-Doctoral graduates and produced 38 staff members with PHDs from 2014-2016. This produces testimony of the hard work of academics in various faculties”.
Winners in the following categories included amongst other:
- Most Productive Senior Researcher – Prof A. Oyekale (Agriculture, Science & Technology)
- Most Productive Junior Researcher – Prof N.D Moroke (Commerce & Administration)
- Most Productive Postdoctoral Fellow – DR Berman / DR Alawode (Human & Social Sciences)
- Awards for Teaching and Learning (ETEA, ITEA, DETEA) – Mr Emile Coetzee, (ETEA) , Ms Mariaan van Aswegen (ITEA) , Dr Liqwa Patience Siziba (DTEA), Prof A Maredza(ETEA), Ms AM Mooketsi, Prof Y Du Plessis (ITEA), Prof O. Otafudu (ITEA) , Ms Estie Gresse, Charlene Lanser and Prof W. Dudu (ITEA)
- Awards for Community engagement – Bullying project (Human & Social Sciences), High School Career Counselling (Commerce & Administration), Animal Health /Ambulatory services (Agriculture, Science & Technology), Community Law clinic (LAW) and Ipeleng Cross Roads (Education)
The event also acknowledged Academic & Support staff for their innovation for excellence in any area of the university in core business and excellence.