Liberty Midlands Mall recently hosted their annual Tenant Awards at Golden Horse Casino with over 300 guests in attendance. The event took the theme of a rootin tootin Cowboy party, where Damon Beard, MC and “Sheriff” on the night, got the party in full swing. The event included can-can and lasso dancers, and a whole lot of bronco Stetson fun to celebrate the various tenant’s success for 2016.
From the moment that tenants arrived, they were encapsulated into the evening’s theme through a host of entertainment, including fire dancers, cowboys, can-can dancers and even a mechanical bull.
Keeping with the theming, tenants were treated to a seated gala dinner, complete with Stetson hats, straw bales, tin cups and sunflowers creating a truly western backdrop to the evening.
Special guest speakers on the night included Brian Unsted, Asset Manager of Stanlib and Nomzamo Radebe, CEO of JHI whose impressive career has spanned over 18 years in senior roles in property, finance and treasury management.
The winners on the night were determined through the Mall’s Mystery Shopper Programme. The criteria saw pre-selected shoppers shopping at the stores a minimum of three times over a specific period, after which they provided feedback to the Liberty Midlands Mall Management.
Clinching the awards in the various categories were:
- Fashion (Men’s Ladies, and Unisex) – Quicksilver
- Sports and Outdoor – Cape Union Mart
- Dining (Fast Food, Restaurants and Speciality foods) – Mozart
- Entertainment – mr. Funtubbles
- Health and Beauty – Xtreme Nutrition
- Jewellery – Browns The Diamond Store
- Services – Spec-Savers
- Home Décor – The Homelife Store
- Department Store – Edgars
- Books and Electronics – Incredible Connection
- Speciality Stores – The Scoin Shop
- Footwear and Accessories – Spitz
- Best Store Design and Revamp – Nandos
- Service provider of the year – Superclean Cleaning Services
There was also a special General Manager Award as voted by Liberty Midlands Mall’s General Manager Muhammad Varachia, in conjunction with the PMB public. The winner of that award went to Woolworths.
Finally, the prestigious and coveted Business of the Year Award, sponsored by The Maritzburg Sun was awarded to Pentravel.
The night was not just about having a Fandango, showcasing cowboys, cowgirls, holstering guns, Stetsons and plain ol’ wild western hospitality but also about giving back. Liberty Midlands Mall, as part of their continued support to the cause, presented a cheque to the value of R10 000 to the Pietermaritzburg Community Chest.