FAIRLADY Women of the Future Awards 2016 revealed top 10 finalists
The calibre of entrepreneurs who entered the 2016 FAIRLADY Woman of the Future and Rising Star awards is truly awe-inspiring. The search called for entries from female entrepreneurs who have created successful businesses.
‘Good ideas are easily come by – the real skill lies in having the smarts and the courage to turn that idea into a successful business,’ says FAIRLADY editor Suzy Brokensha. ‘I have so much respect for the women who enter the FAIRLADY Women of the Future Awards: they have created the most extraordinary businesses. It’s extremely difficult to choose the finalists – and I think that’s a great sign for South Africa!’
The 10 women and their businesses are featured in the August issue of FAIRLADY, on sale today.
Woman of the Future 2016: The women in line for this award are over 25, and have been in business for longer than 1001 days. The finalists are:
· Jessica Bonin (Lady Bonin`s Tea) – owner of an all female-run company that produces its own tea
· Katherine-Mary Pichulik (Pichulik) – owner of a contemporary African jewellery and accessories brand
· Khaya Cokoto (X Spark) – owner of a company specialising in web and graphic design, and app and software development. The company also offers branding and social media services, 3D design and printing
· Lauren de Swardt (Kids Emporium) – nationwide franchise of 28 stores with the latest ranges of furniture, décor, maternity & children`s wear and toy store
· Sarah Collins (Wonderbag) – owner of a revolutionary non-electric heat-retention cooker
· Sarika Modi (Triple Eight) – owner of a company that works with major consumer brands in making a positive impact on people, the planet and profits through their marketing and CSR initiatives
· Tiffini Wissing (Old School Cool) – provides safety-conscious parents with transport vehicles for their children that are fitted with the latest safety technology, onboard cameras and live tracking
Rising Star 2016: These young go-getters are 25 and under, and have been in business between 6 months and 1001 days. The finalists are:
· Lebo Mphela (Malia Nail Care) – produces a local nail polish brand
· Liebre Eigelaar (FruitLips) – produces home-grown bespoke jams, marmalades and chutneys
· Moyin Oloruntoba (The A1) – produces online entertainment content geared towards youth culture
The panel of judges for the FAIRLADY Women Of The Future 2016 awards include Public Protector Advocate Thuli Madonsela; Santam director, Yegs Ramiah; FAIRLADY editor Suzy Brokensha, media entrepreneur and international speaker, Jo-Ann Strauss and TV presenter, radio host & MC, Leanne Manas. The winner of the FAIRLADY Woman Of The Future and FAIRLADY Rising Star awards 2016, in partnership with Santam, will be honoured at a prestigious awards ceremony in Johannesburg in August 2016.
The FAIRLADY Woman of the Future will be awarded R50 000 in cash, an invaluable mentoring session with one of the judges, a R3 000 shopping voucher from Queenspark, a Sony Xperia Z5 & Sony tablet, an online course from GetSmarter worth R12 500, a Bamboo Revolution watch and an Issey Miyake (L`Eau d`Issey) hamper worth R7 880.
The FAIRLADY Rising Star will be awarded R20 000 in cash, an invaluable mentoring session with one of the judges, a R3 000 shopping voucher from Queenspark, a Sony Xperia M5 & Sony tablet, an online course from GetSmarter worth R12 500, a Bamboo Revolution watch and an Issey Miyake (L’Eau d’Issey) hamper worth R7 880.
For full details of all our finalists, get the latest issue of FAIRLADY magazine, on sale now!
Follow FAIRLADY on Facebook www.facebook.com/fairladymag, @FairladyMag on Twitter, and @Fairlady_Magazine on Instagram.