Larger-Than-Life Interactive Fan Experience Opens at Comic-Con San Diego From Thursday July 21 – Sunday 24 July 24 “South Park” Panel Set For Friday 22 July
Johannesburg: South Park comes to life…at Comic-Con! Comedy Central (DStv channel 122) and South Park Digital Studios will kick-off the global celebration of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning series’ 20th season by bringing “South Park” to life in San Diego. The ultimate, interactive fan exhibition honouring the epic 20th season begins on Thursday 21 July and runs up until Sunday 24 July at the Martin Luther King, Jr., Promenade Park, San Diego.
Comedy Central’s “South Park” launched on 13 August 1997 and will premiere its 20th season on Comedy Central channels around the world in September 2016.
Commented Evert van der Veer, Vice President, Comedy Central, Africa, “This is just the start of the epic celebrations of South Park’s 20th season that will reverberate around the globe throughout 2016, and what better place to start than the biggest and best Fan-Fest ever: Comic-Con San Diego.”
The centrepiece of the celebration, “South Park 20 Experience”, will allow fans to explore and insert themselves into 20 iconic and fan favourite scenes. Visitors can recharge their bodies, minds and devices at the Hulu Viewing Lounge, which will be screening episodes across all seasons of “South Park”. “The Coon & Friends Experience” from Ubisoft, featuring real-world items from the highly-anticipated new video game, “South Park: The Fractured But Whole”, will be open to explore. Twenty unique artists will honour “South Park’s” 20th season with new work that has been curated by world-renowned pop culture artist Ron English. Fans can also visit a retrospective gallery featuring original animation cells from the pilot episode of “South Park”.
A special “South Park 20” panel, moderated by [email protected] Chris Hardwick, will take place on Friday 22 July. Panelists will discuss the evolution of the series over the last two decades, take questions from fans and provide an exclusive sneak peek of “South Park: The Fractured But Whole”, the follow-up to the wildly-popular and award-winning video game, “South Park: The Stick of Truth” (2014).
The celebration of “South Park 20” will also include:
- 20 iconic, life-sized scenes built out in 2D/3D format allowing fans to jump into some of the most memorable moments in “South Park” history for a photoop to share on social with #SOUTHPARK20.
- “The Coon & Friends Experience” space with a viewing area for game content, a designated pre-order station and real world costumes and items from the Coon and Friends secret lair.
- A “South Park” GIF Booth where fans can take an animated GIF with various characters featured across the 19 seasons to print and take home and/or share across their social networks.
- The opportunity for fans to participate in fan testimonials and interviews with the chance to be included in an upcoming “South Park” fan mini-documentary premiering later this year.
- A Hulu Viewing Lounge featuring the ultimate “South Park” marathon with episodes from all 19 seasons airing from Thursday – Sunday.
Any fans dressed up as one of “South Park” iconic characters will get to skip the line and go straight into the experience.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning “South Park.” Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios.