10 days of fun at the Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival 2016
Non-stop entertainment for everyone
Cape Town – The Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival is the ideal place for your winter holidays, with a jam-packed programme of events guaranteed to keep the whole family entertained.
Highlights of this year’s Festival include:
Food and drink
- Look out for Oyster Hotspots – restaurants in and around Knysna where you’ll find oyster specials and other interesting dishes over the 10-day period.
- As part of the Best of Brunch promo, local restaurants will serve up delicious takes on everyone’s favourite meal – brunch!
- The Knysna Wine Festival and Night Market will host some of South Africa’s best wine estates on 4 and 5 July where you can meet local winemakers, taste their latest wines and learn about the latest trends in wine-making.
As an extra treat, Heather Walters will perform live on 4 July and Robin Auld on 5 July.
- Seafood Wednesday takes place on 6 July, giving seafood lovers another chance to indulge in all manner of seafood. The event kicks off with a seafood walk-around at participating restaurants during the day; a seafood braai competition takes place in the afternoon, and the ever-popular oyster shucking and eating competition takes centre stage in the early evening.
- The Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival Flavours of Knysna served with Tabasco® Sauce, also part of Seafood Wednesday, will see some of the best local eateries going head to head in the oyster stakes.
- The Oyster, Bubbly and Chocolate Experience will be hosted at the Simola Hotel at 18:00 on 3 July where visitors can enjoy instructional bubbly tastings from five different estates, paired with the decadent combination of oysters and chocolate.
- The Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival Comedy Shuckle is a Festival must-see, with top comedians Schalk Bezuidenhout and Kagiso Mokgadi ready to have you doubled over in laughter.
- The Exclusive Glenmorangie Whiskey & Live Jazz cruise is a festive addition to this year’s line-up on 3 July at 17:30.
- If the classics are more your cup of tea, then don’t miss the all-new Opera Gala Concerts on 7 & 8 July.
For the littlies
- The Pick n Pay Young Oyster Festival presented by Humpty Dumpty Windmeul Eggs will host fun cooking lessons and arts and crafts for two to 10 year olds. This will take place 2 – 9 July from 10:30 to 15:30 and on 3 July from 10:30 to 13:30.
- The Momentum Health Kiddies Zone is a fully supervised, secure and fun area for children aged two to 12 with great age-appropriate activities such as jumping castles, sand art, colouring and drawing as well as jumping rope games at the Festival Pavilion and runs from 09:00 to 16:00 daily with extended hours on 4 & 5 July until 21:00
- The Dare2Dash obstacle course situated at the Festival Pavilion and is open from 10:00 to 15:00 daily
- The Pick n Pay Young Oyster Festival presented by Humpty Dumpty Windmeul Eggs is an ideal for creative kiddies and will include lots of entertainment at the Festival Pavilion and is open from 09:00 – 15:30 daily
- The ELEPHANT Free Range Trail run offers three of the most beautiful trails in the Knysna area. These are scheduled between 3 – 8 July at 09:00.
- The Momentum Health OatWell DualX, powered by PeptoPro, will be at the Festival for the first time this year and offers the best of both trail running and mountain biking. The start is at the Festival Pavilion on 7 July at 08:00.
A change of pace
- For those who’d like to take things at a slightly more relaxed place, also on the cards are bridge tournaments and bingo on 1 July, a bowls tournament from 4 – 7 July and the all-new Forest Family Dam Ride on 3 July.
For the full programme and details about all events, registration and ticket costs, please visit http://www.pnpoysterfestival.co.za/ or follow the Pick n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival on Twitter @OysterFestival or on Facebook/KnysnaOysterFestival for daily updates.